Tuesday, November 2, 2010

EvilEva reviews... Mockingjay

EvilEva reviews...... Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.

The Hunger Games Trilogy. 

Warning! Spoilers!

Warning. This is the final book in The Hunger Games trilogy. There will be spoilers. If you haven't read the first two books stop here.


After Katniss is rescued from the Quarter Quell arena she is whisked off to a place she thought no longer existed. District 13. An underground community that was responsible for Katniss' exit from the Games. With the help of some District and Capitol insiders, they have planned a rebellion. It starts now. And Katniss is to be the symbol for the rebellion. Their very own Mockingjay. A sign of hope and freedom. The only problem is Katniss doesn't know if she can be everything they want her to be. And as someone that has been playing games for far too long, her trust has worn thin. Can she put her worry, her mistrust, and her anger away in time to save Peeta, her country and herself?

Well y'all, after 3 books, 9 parts, 81 chapters and 1155 pages I have finally finished The Hunger Games trilogy. And I must say, I loved every minute of it! The final book did not disappoint. In my opinion anyway. I've read a few blogs that weren't particularly thrilled with the end result. I, however, am not one of those bloggers. I thought that Mockingjay was just as amazing as Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I felt like it had the perfect mix of action, romance, uncertainty, thrills, chills, surprises and all of the other things needed to make a great book. I especially liked the amazing UNBELIEVABLE ending of chapter 26! (NO! Don't read ahead! Stop flipping pages! Get to it when you get to it and be as surprised as I was. I promise it'll be better if you don't peek!) I SO DID NOT see that coming! I thought it was a really good twist to the story though. And, obvs, I looooooved the ending! (KnowwhatI'msayin' teammates!) 
I felt that Mockingjay, on the whole, was a great way to wrap up the series. I think Suzanne Collins tied up all loose ends beautifully. I like when endings feel final, like there's no real need for another 8 million books to be written on the subject, but when there's also that little bit of lingering, like you can easily imagine that the characters are still there living, loving, moving forward. 
That being said, these three books are perfection. 
You should read them. Then get you friends to read them. Then get their friends to read them. Pull your own Oprah-BookClub-Magic with these books! 
They would be a great gift for the coming holiday season. And for anyone really. (I'm getting my 14 year old cousin started on them!) 
I'm a little bummed that my trip to Panem is over but hey, I've still got the movies to look forward to! 

The Scale of Judgment says...... 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment